Monday, March 10, 2008

When the Bug Bites...

...you simply must answer the call. It's not the kind of thing that everyone experiences, but if you hear it, the best you can hope to do is put it off for a while. It never stops calling, it never gets quieter. And to resist is futile.

So on Friday I gave in and answered the call:

Trouthe and honour fredom and curtesye
(Click it to see the full-size image.)

It's healing pretty well so far and looks really killer, so I couldn't be more excited.

Sometime in the next few days, I'll get back and blog a full, proper post. But because of the weather or some human calamity (or a combination of both), we've been without power for the better part of three days, and just got power back a few minutes ago after over 48 hours in the dark. How that happens in suburban New Jersey is beyond me, so I need some time to readjust to the world of the living and collect some thoughts that have more substance than "Fuck you, PSE&G."

When my head is clear and the shock of not having to pee in the dark wears off, I'll be back in full form.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Um, sorry if this was covered in a previous entry, but why do/did you have to pee in the dark?

3/12/2008 04:29:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Three day-long power outage. I alluded to it briefly here, but I didn't feel the need to go into it in too much detail, as not much actually, you know, happened.

3/12/2008 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ah so I see. Unfortunately I have the attention of a 5 year old, and cannot read posts which include images.

3/12/2008 06:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whereas i struggle to read images! what's it say? __ and honor freedom and __?

3/14/2008 01:15:00 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

"Trouthe and honour fredom and curtesye"
(Truth and honor, freedom and courtesy)

3/14/2008 03:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home